On the first day, Jeremy Rauch did writeth the bylaws. The people didst cometh in droves to witness these bylaws, and didst looketh on in grand astonishment. And these bylaws were accepted, and the people did rejoice, and there was much merriment…
- Spring 1996 - We move into NEB 311
- Spring 1996 - Gremlin comes online
- Spring 1998 - We buy our first legitimate machine, Chimera
- November 1998 - Galaxy, our cluster, arrives
- January 1999 - We move into our newly created office, NEB 229
- May 2001 - We move again, into NEB 319
- June 2001 - Centaur arrives
- Nov 2002 - Added card-swipe so non-officers can use the office
- Spring 2005 - Our 2 new 1.6 GHz Semprons arrive
- Spring 2006 - Gigabit deployed to all desktops + servers.
- Fall 2006 - First metaserver deployed.
- April 2007 - Last machine of the original set, Gryphon, confirmed dead and disposed of.
- Spring 2009 - Got closet space courtesy of CS, amiable exchange with JHU Recycling arranged.
- Fall 2011 - We move to NEB B27
- Sometime in 2012/2013 - The old systems begin to fail. Plans to create a new cluster are drawn up, involving AFS and Openstack.
- Sometime in 2013 (before the Fall) - We acquire an extraordinary amount of compute hardware.
- February 2014 - People other than the sysadmins start to use the cluster again.
- Summer 2014 - We move to Malone! (Room G67) The cluster stays in NEB B27 though.
- May 2015 - The cluster is moved to Malone.
Past and Current Officers
|Chair||Vice-Chair||Treasurer||Secretary||Lab Administrator ||Resource Manager |
|Spring 1996 - Fall 1996||Jeremy Rauch||Matthew Harris||Christopher Snell||Dave Barnett|
|Spring 1997||Russell Schwager||Phil Lawton||Corbett Klempay||David Tucker|
|Fall 1997||Phil Lawton||Alex Johnson
|Spring 1998||David Tucker||Alex Johnson||Justin Reaves|
|Fall 1998||Justin Reaves||John Schultz|
|Spring 1999||Joel Sandin|
|Fall 1999 - Spring 2000||Scott Lipcon||Phil Lawton||Roy Hodgman||Dylan Adams||Jack Lloyd|
|Fall 2000 - Spring 2001||Jeremy Muhlich||Dylan Adams||Michael Hilsdale||Jason Gordon|
|Fall 2001 - Spring 2002||Dylan Adams||Michael Hilsdale||Moni Nayar||Tahir Butt|
|Fall 2002 - Spring 2003||Michael Hilsdale||Nat Duca||Jason Gordon||Chuck Crow||Carlos Macasaet|
|Fall 2003||Nat Duca||Michael Hilsdale||Jeannette Alvarez||Michael Kornbluh|
|Spring 2004||Scott Waldron|
|Fall 2004 - Spring 2005||Carlos Macasaet||Michael Kornbluh||Michael Curtis||Andrew Carney||Michael Brotzman|
|Fall 2005 - Spring 2006||Asheesh Laroia||Brendan O'Connor||Andrew Carney||Albert Lee|
|Fall 2006 - Spring 2007||Albert Lee||Scott Waldron||Venkatesh Srinivas||Rich Ercolani||Asheesh Laroia|
|Fall 2007 - Spring 2008||Matthew Ziegelbaum||August Sodora||Parker Shelton||Arthur Danskin||Rich Ercolani|
|Fall 2008 - Spring 2009||Patrick Carter||Rob Doverspike|
|Fall 2009 - Spring 2010||Alex Heinz||Ian Miers|
|Fall 2010 - Spring 2011||Amit Saraff||Charles Duyk||Alex Heinz||Michael Weinberger||John Stumpo
|Fall 2011 - Spring 2012||Charles Duyk||Michael Tango||Michael Weinberger||Paul O'Neil||John Stumpo|
|Fall 2012 - Spring 2013||Michael Tango||Nathaniel Filardo||Paul O'Neil||Juneki Hong||Steven Presser|
|Fall 2013 - Spring 2014||Paul O'Neil||Nathaniel Filardo||Daniel Swann||Ben Glickman||Jay DeYoung|
|Fall 2014||Philip Piantone||Daniel Swann||Adam Poliak||Ben Glickman||Ben Rosser|
|Spring 2015||Philip Piantone||Daniel Swann||Katherine Hsu||Cameron Davis|
|Fall 2015||Philip Piantone||Daniel Swann||Joshan Bajaj||Cameron Davis|
|Fall 2016 - Spring 2017||Samuel Beckley||Joshan Bajaj||Bill Watson||Ben Reis||Marc Rosen|
: The Lab Administrator position did not exist until the fall of 1997. In the fall of 1997, we changed the bylaws so that elections were held at the end of the academic year rather than the end of the calendar year. Thus, the officers for the spring of 1998 were elected for one-semester terms.
: The Resource Manager position did not exist until the fall of 2004. The Resource Manager is hardware, whereas the Lab Administrator is software. The position was also eliminated in spring of 2005, and all duties are folded back into the Lab Administrator.